At Owings Mills Dental Care, we advise our patients to replace their missing teeth as soon as possible. Not only does replacing missing teeth restore beauty back to the smile, but it can also help you avoid the complicated oral health issues that may arise from missing teeth. In this post, we will explore what may happen to your oral health if missing teeth are left untreated.
At Owings Mills Dental Care, Dr. Suman Chibb offers a full range of tooth replacement solutions. Depending on the location and number of missing teeth, Dr. Chibb may suggest dental implants, a dental bridge, or dentures to replace your missing teeth. To learn more about your options, visit Owings Mills Dental Care.
What Happens If I Don’t Replace My Teeth?
- You are at an increased risk of developing complex dental problems. When the teeth are missing, patients have a higher risk of developing an infection, tooth decay, or gum disease. Missing teeth may cause the existing teeth to shift. When the teeth become misaligned, patients may have a difficult time flossing an brushing their teeth; that means that certain parts of the teeth are not properly cleaned, which may leave them more susceptible to decay and gum disease.
- The teeth may shift. When you lose a tooth, your remaining teeth may receive increased pressure, causing the teeth to shift. Crooked and misaligned teeth are difficult to clean. As a result, patients are more susceptible to developing tooth decay or gum disease.
- Difficulty Speaking: Losing multiple teeth can affect your speech. Certain words are more difficult to pronounce when you are missing multiple teeth.
- Difficulty chewing. The teeth help you chew food. When you are missing teeth, certain foods may become difficult to chew.
- Poor oral health. As noted, missing teeth can lead to a wide range of complex dental concerns. It is important to visit the dentist regularly to monitor your oral health. Dr. Chibb can help you make informed decisions and about your oral health. To learn more about improving your oral health, visit our Owings Mills, MD dental office.
Schedule An Appointment
Missing teeth should be addressed as soon as possible. If you are missing teeth and you would like to transform your smile, visit our Owings Mills dental office. Visit Owings Mills Dental Care in Owings Mills, MD. To schedule an appointment, call 410.314.9546 or feel free to schedule an appointment online.