The foundation of any beautiful smile is healthy teeth.
Cosmetic dental services can help patients improve the appearance of their smiles while ensuring the health and integrity of teeth, gums, and jaw. While some patients view dental concerns such as chips and cracks as solely cosmetic, it is essential to know that many aesthetic concerns can develop into more complex dental health complications. Our dental office will prevent further damage to your teeth and gums by addressing most of your cosmetic dental concerns.
We Address All Cosmetic Concerns
Cosmetic dental concerns can commonly affect the health and function of your smile. Our dentist in Owings Mills can address all of your cosmetic issues. Addressing aesthetic concerns as soon as they begin to develop will allow for conservative and effective treatments. The following are the more common dental problems we address in our family-friendly dentist office.
- Crooked Teeth– Crooked teeth affect the appearance and function of your teeth and bite. Crooked teeth can make it difficult to clean all surfaces of teeth and lead to higher rates of tooth decay.
- Damaged Teeth– Cracks, chips, or breaks make teeth more susceptible to infection. Once the enamel is compromised, bacteria can enter the tooth and cause the inner pulp to become infected causing painful symptoms. Dental bonding can repair damaged teeth and seal out bacteria.
- Missing Teeth– Lost teeth compromise the structure, function, and aesthetics of your smile. Replacing missing teeth is essential for long-term oral health. Our practice offers advanced treatment options for replacing missing teeth and restoring the health and beauty of your smile.
- Yellow Teeth– Improving the appearance of discolored teeth and teeth with white spots can drastically enhance your smile. Professional teeth whitening is not the only way to get white teeth. Other treatments, like dental crowns, can fix specific instances, without having to get a full teeth whitening procedure.
Smile Makeovers in Owings Mills, MD
Our dentists help patients maintain the aesthetics of their smiles through preventative dental care. For patients seeking a total smile makeover, our team works closely with Baltimore area cosmetic dentist Dr. Ed Lazer to help patients achieve a healthy, beautiful smile.
Dr. Lazer is a highly experienced and trained smile design dentist who provides a full spectrum of cosmetic dental services. He has a natural eye for facial esthetics and offers tailored treatment plans designed to improve the aesthetics of your smile. We bringing your teeth and gums into visual balance.
Cosmetic dentistry can improve a patient’s oral health and quality of life. Everyone should enjoy a beautiful, confident smile they feel proud to share. Your dentist will discuss the options available to improve your smile during a personalized consultation. We will build you a treatment plan that will address all of your cosmetic dental concerns. Schedule a visit online today.
Cosmetic Dentistry Services We Offer
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are thin, translucent shells of fine dental porcelain that the dentist will permanently bond to the front of teeth. The medical grade material offers advanced treatment to meet many cosmetic needs and durable results that will resist stains. To learn more about the process of getting dental veneers, see Porcelain Veneers.
- Tooth Bonding: Dental bonding involves applying a tooth-colored resin material on a tooth to improve its appearance by fixing chips, cracks, discoloration, or gaps. The resin is hardened with a special light, bonding it to the tooth to create a smooth, natural-looking finish. To learn more about the benefits of dental bonding, see Tooth Bonding.
- Teeth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening uses a high concentration bleaching agent to whiten teeth. It is more efficient than store-bought whitening products that are less efficient.
Cosmetic Dentistry FAQs
Is cosmetic dentistry just for looks?
Many patients see cosmetic dentistry just as a way to improve the aesthetics of your smile. But cosmetic problems with your teeth can have an impact on your overall oral health, not just the look of your smile. Crooked teeth in particular are harder to clean and can lead to tooth decay or an uneven bite.
Is cosmetic dentistry for all ages?
Mostly! Most Dentists will only recommend cosmetic dentistry to individuals with permanent teeth. Children should not have any cosmetic procedures performed on them, especially when they don’t have permanent teeth. Cosmetic services can be performed on patients as they get older, especially because seniors tend to have more cosmetic problems with their teeth.
Does my insurance cover cosmetic dentistry?
Insurance doesn’t usually cover cosmetic dentistry procedures that have no medical necessity. However, the line can be blurred between something that’s purely cosmetic and something that has a medical necessity. For example, a chipped or cracked tooth can be considered a medical necessity as well as a cosmetic problem.
Schedule a Consultation for Cosmetic Dentistry in Owings Mills, MD
Owings Mills Dental Care is a family-friendly dental practice serving Owings Mills, Reisterstown, Pikesville, Windsor Mill, and many Baltimore area communities. We welcome new patients. To schedule an appointment, contact our dental office at 410-314-9546 or request an appointment online.