What Is A Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a versatile dental restoration that covers all sides of a tooth. Made of high-quality dental porcelain, dental crowns are custom designed to look and function like natural teeth and will blend beautifully with your smile.
What Are Dental Crowns Used For?
A Dental Crown Can Be Used To:
- Cap a tooth after a root canal
- Replace a missing tooth with a dental implant
- Secure a dental bridge
- Restore a damaged tooth
Is A Dental Crown Permanent?
With good oral hygiene and regular dental health exams, a dental crown could last for many years. Dental crowns are made of a highly durable material that mimics that of a natural tooth. If a dental crown is damaged or broken, it can be replaced.
Does A Dental Crown Look Natural?
Dr. Suman Chibb helps patients preserve their natural smiles through comprehensive preventive dentistry. Owings Mills Dental Care offers dental crowns to help patients restore their smile. Dental crowns are highly durable and help to stabilize and maintain the function of the bite. Dental crowns can be used to replace missing teeth or to restore a damaged tooth and offer long-lasting natural cosmetic results. Dental crowns are made from dental grade porcelain that reflects light like natural teeth. The crown is custom designed to blend into your natural smile. Most patients report that no one can tell the difference between their natural teeth and dental crown.
What Are The Benefits of Getting A Dental Crown?
- A crown that fits correctly over your tooth can last for many years, even for decades.
- A dental crown covers the tooth over which it is placed (think of it as a cap for your tooth), so it protects the tooth against tooth decay.
- A crown can cover up a stained or unusually shaped tooth, adding to your self-confidence and giving you a nicer smile.
- A crown can keep a cracked tooth together and prevent or delay having to have a tooth extracted by Dr. Suman Chibb.
Schedule An Appointment
If you are searching for a trusted, compassionate family dentistry in Owings Mills, MD, visit Owings Mills Dental Care. To schedule an appointment, call 410-314-9546 or request an appointment online.
We look forward to helping you and your family achieve brighter, healthier smiles.